Posted by : Unknown Monday 27 June 2011

Create a drive menu for My

Computer Set My

Computer to work like a

menu for easier access to

the drives you need. By

default, the My Computer

item on the Start menu is

configured to work like a

standard folder window. If

you need to access a

specific drive, select My

Computer from the Start

menu, wait a moment for

the window to appear, and

then double-click the icon

for the drive you need to

access. When you’re in a

hurry, this two-step

procedure can be time-

consuming and frustrating

—especially if My

Computer contains a large

number of drive icons.

However, Windows XP

makes it easy for you to

configure My Computer so

it works like a menu, with

each drive listed as a menu

item. Here’s how. 1. click

the Start button, and select

Properties. 2. Click

Customize, which is

adjacent to the Start Menu

radio button, and select

Advanced. 3. Scroll

through the Start Menu

Items list box until you see

My Computer. 4. Select

Display As A Menu, and

click OK twice.Now, when

you select My Computer

from the Start menu, you’ll

see a menu of individual

drives. To access the

contents of that drive, just

select the drive letter from

the menu.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Popular Post

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © All About Technology -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -